Why study with us?
- Focus on experimental research
- Benefit from a well-funded research program
- Access to our new state-of-the-art laboratories
- Perform research into fundamental questions in physics
- Learn as part of and supported by an award-winning team
- Generous financial support for Canadian and International Students
- Students frequently published as lead author on their research projects
How to apply
Our group reviews applications internally on a continuous basis – you can apply directly with us anytime by sending the following information to our administrator, Hugo Bégin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter explaining why you want to join our group and the research you wish to pursue
- CV outlining your research accomplishments
- Post-secondary education transcripts
- Official results for the following standarised test:
- GRE General (mandatory for all international students)
- TOEFL or IELTS (mandatory for international students whose langauge of instruction was not english
- GRE Physics (optional for all applicants)
Learn more about uOttawa’s application process here: Graduate Admissions
As a world-class research group, we ask all potential applicants to demonstrate their academic excellence. Thus, we have admission standards that go above the University of Ottawa’s regular requirements.
Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
- Acceptance into either the Physics or Electrical and Computer Engineering graduate programs
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 80% (to be calculated by the graduate admissions office)
- Master’s degree – we are only accepting international Ph.D. students.
- GRE scores in the range of
- 80th percentile for the Quantitative section
- 60th percentile for the Verbal and Analytical sections
- This requirement somewhat is flexible
- Students with a degree from a non-English speaking university must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- TOEFL: at least 105
- IELTS: at least 7.5
- The University of Ottawa has slightly lower requirements